Give the gift of good gut health this Christmas with our top ten recommended books on subjects close to our heart here at ARCH. From simple guides to the gut to inspiring stories of dramatic turn-arounds in health and wellbeing, from mindfulness to juicing, there’s something to help everyone to make a fresh start and take charge of their body and mind. So show how much you really care this Christmas by helping your friends and family to have a happy and healthy New Year.
- Gut: the inside story of our body’s most under-rated organ by Julia Enders
In her hugely entertaining Sunday Times bestseller, Julia Enders breaks the gut taboo, explaining how everything from bacteria to pooing positions play a vital role in good gut health.
- Good Gut Healing: the no-nonsense guide to bowel and digestive disorders by Kathryn Marsden
Kathryn offers a wide range of friendly, down-to-earth food based hints and tips on maintaining good gut health, with advice on which foods to choose, and which to avoid when faced with a wide range of digestive conditions.
3. 10% Human: How Your Body’s Microbes Hold the Key to Health and Happiness by Alanna Collen
A fascinating tour de force of the microbiome, explaining how only one in ten of the cells in your body is really you and how you should learn to love the other 90% to maintain good health and wellbeing.
- Digestive Wellness: Strengthen the Immune System and Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion by Elizabeth Lipski
In the ‘definitive guide to healthy digestion’ you’ll learn practical solutions to all the common gastrointestinal disorders (and many other conditions) with expert guidance on the newest advances in testing and diagnosis, nutrition, and natural therapies.
- The Inside Story: how your colon holds the key to your wellbeing, and what you should do about it! by Linda Booth
Based on ARCH therapist Linda Booth’s professional journey treating thousands of patients, this book details the life-changing health and wellbeing effects of modern, naturopathic colonic hydrotherapy treatments and simple, natural supplements.
- An Introduction to a Colon Hydrotherapy Treatment – Answers to the questions you really want to ask by Katherine Brook-MacKenzie
Explaining everything you ever wanted to know about colon hydrotherapy, but were afraid to ask, ARCH therapist, Katherine Brook-MacKenzie, provides a plain and simple explanation, written in layman’s language, which will dispel your fears of this safe, simple and effective treatment.
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment and Your Life by Jon Kabat Zinn
A great starting point for learning about mindfulness in our eating and in our daily lives. Comes with a free CD with five guided meditations to help you slow down and discover wellbeing in your mind as well as in your body.
- Too Young to Grow Old by Anne-lise Miller
Another winner from a practicing colon hydrotherapist, Anne-lise challenges our belief that we must accept fading health as part of growing old, showing how we can feel fit and feel well however old we are.
9.Reboot with Joe: Fully Charged / The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet by Joe Cross
Two practical books on the power of juicing and micronutrients, from the man behind the groundbreaking Fat, Sick and nearly Dead films that have inspired millions to take charge of their own health and wellbeing. (Watch the films here)
- May I Be Frank by Frank Ferrante
“What happens when Tony Soprano meets Deepak Chopra” this book charts 54 years old Frank’s amazing and inspiring journey from obesity and drug addiction to vibrant health and happiness through finally taking responsibility for his own health and wellbeing.
We hope you enjoy the reading list! If you have read a great book leave the link in the comments below!